Monday, March 31, 2008

Tatang Itok




"His way of life became the greatest influence in my own. What I admired most about him was the fact that he was a respected figure in our place despite his lack of education and his simplicity. It is from him that I learned to believe in my worth and uniqueness, and to be confident in both my strength and weakness. He instilled in me that being poor doesn’t make one lesser than anybody else. He made me believe that simplicity is not poverty. One has to value his own person before others can do the same. It was he who showed me that the way to know how you are as a person could be seen through the amount of respect other people bestowed on you. Its not the bulk of resources or amount of money that you own that would earn you respect from others. Respecting people as well as one’s self defies the feeling of being inferior to the others who enjoys more comfort in life. He made me see that knowing what you can and cannot do would make you comfortable to co-exist with others who believe in different things, and who thinks in different way."


What a promised fairy story. You must be a very happy during childhood. Fortunatelly if you have such a problem, you just switched it off and just go into the homeland. You still could enjoy the landspace will lead you into such happily pasttime minus the presence of a beloving Tatang Itok. I never have a joyy story like this, since both of my grandpa perished away at 1935 and 1945. Especially all the landspace are all changed at all. Mostly our rice field changes into such housing or some city developing.
Now I have to understand deeply. Since, "My punishments would be his silence. He won’t talk to me until I realize my mistakes. I have to tell him what I thought to be the wrong action I made, with a suggested course of action for the next time, and apologize to everyone for my selfish actions." Thanks indeed for such lovely sharing. I have such imagine, enjoyed in learning from this article a lot.



"As I came to the conclusion of this article, I can’t help feeling that deep longing to be with the person who was the greatest influence of my life one more time. So many times in my adult life that I long for those days when he was still around. I still missed his presence after all these years. Sometimes, I wish he’s here, even for just a day. Even for just one more day."

I wish to say, I would so to be atleast that one day grandpa's  in my own.  A grandpa's spirit in darling you at all your wishes with mine.






Learning: http://drippingmind.worpress.com/

No comments: